It was a good day on the track with Ciara Everard (UCD) and Thomas Barr (UL) progressing to the semi-finals of the 800m and the 400mH respectively while John Travers (AIT) put in a powerful last 600m to qualify as second fastest qualifier for the 1500m final scheduled for Friday evening.
The Men’s and Women’s Golf Teams are currently placed 2nd and 13th respectively following the first day of competition; Stuart Grehan (MU) shot a two under par seventy and currently lies seventh overall.
In the pool UCD student Alexander Murphy won his 50m breaststroke heat and competed in the afternoon’s semi final but did not progress to tomorrow’s final. Meanwhile Dan Sweeney (Loughborough) also competed in the heats of the 50m Breaststroke in the morning but did not qualify from his heat.
The Women’s Football team lost one nil to the USA in their 9th – 16th place play.
The schedule for tomorrow (Day 6, 9th July) is as follows (all Irish times):
- Fiona Doyle, Dan Sweeney, Jordan Sloan and Sycerika McMahon compete in the morning pool session (12.30am)
- The golf teams play the second of their four rounds (12.45am)
- Thomas Barr competes in the 400mH semi-final (6.50am)
- The Men’s Football team play Italy in the quarter finals (8.30am)
- Ciara Everard competes in the semi-finals of the 800m (10.16am).